Engineering Team Lead (Internal Engineering)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The SmartRecruiters Internal Engineering Team is looking for an Engineering Team Lead to strengthen and lead our Reliability Team. If you are passionate about monitoring tools, automation, and keeping production up and running in a great manner, we have a spot with your name on it!
- Collaborate with other teams across the R&D department to pursue highly available and reliable systems, ensuring optimal and consistent performance and platform uptime
- Improve, automate, and grow SmartRecruiters reliability tools suite
- Drive the Disaster Recovery procedures and exercises with related documentation
- Respond to client threats and remediate issues
- Evangelize other team members, direct reports, and peers to win as one
- Support the engineering team in taking ownership of related infrastructure components
- Refine and drive DevOps culture for the whole organization
- Provide technical vision and leadership for the empowered team
- Mentor and coach members of the engineering team
- Document standards, best practices, and policies
We want you to:
- Make a difference
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Do the right thing, not the "easy" thing
- Give and receive support from our awesome engineering team
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
SmartRecruiters enables Hiring Without Boundaries™ by freeing talent acquisition teams from legacy applicant tracking software. SmartRecruiters’ next-generation platform serves as the hiring operating system for 4,000 customers like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa. Companies with business-critical hiring needs turn to SmartRecruiters for best-of-breed functionality, world-class support, and a robust ecosystem of third-party applications and service providers.
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating distributed cloud-web-based systems
- Good coding and scripting skills (Java, Python, Bash)
- Proven understanding of SDLC practices
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in observability and monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
- Good understanding of agile processes and techniques
- Excellent technical project management skills
- Passion for supporting team members in their career growth
- Experience managing database systems, both SQL and No-SQL is a plus
- Experience with AWS (or another cloud provider), Kubernetes, IaC tools, and practices is a plus
- Working knowledge of SRE standards and best practices is a plus
- While not strictly required we see most of our Team Leads have 6+ years of professional experience including at least 1 year in a leadership position
- Strong communication skills, with a good understanding of English
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Working at SmartRecruiters
At SmartRecruiters, we pride ourselves on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, deeply rooted in our core values: CEO of your job, As One, Impact, and Smarter. Our commitment to bei
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Welcome back to awards season at SmartRecruiters! As we embark on this next chapter, we're excited to continue recognition in the Comparably awards. Looking back at our journey, it's inspir
At SmartRecruiters, our dedication to continuous improvement is deeply rooted in our #smarter value. We put a lot of focus on our listening strategies and employee feedback to identify where we s
“Career progression is no longer only linear, and traditional career paths and ladders are now far less common than they were even a decade ago. Instead of emphasizing promotions, job titles and
At SmartRecruiters, we believe in "hiring without boundaries." Our vision is simple: make hiring easy, transparent, and efficient. We also believe in creating a people-first workplace, with our compan
TeaserDiversity & Inclusion
At SmartRecruiters, we’re on a mission to make our workplace the best it can be, and that includes ensuring we are an open, inclusive and diverse employer. We’re enjoying celebrating Pride because it’
As a Strategic People Partner at SmartRecruiters, I spend a majority of my time enabling people managers and their teams to be the most effective they can be. If we want people who are inspired and re
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Every year, millions of people across the globe are faced with some element of mental illness. It affects individuals, families, communities and organizations, and it is estimated that workplace stres
When companies talk about their mission and values, it can be difficult to tell if they’re just well-intentioned words or if they actually resonate with their customers and employees. At SmartRecrui
Jobs you have shown an interest in