Group Design Manager
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are looking for an experienced people leader who can drive design vision, manage large strategic initiatives, creatively push our product further, and grow the design organization. Our team is highly collaborative, fueled by excellence, and drives innovation. You will be working closely with with your Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering peers to strategically group your specific product vertical. As a Group Design Manager, you are responsible for the UX evolution and high-quality designs of your space as well as its role to our overall Product vision. Comment end
What you’ll deliver
- You will scale and manage a team of 3-6 product designers and be responsible for their growth
- You will serve as a mentor in the larger design org and provide critical feedback
- You will conduct regular performance reviews and set clear performance expectations
- You will mindfully scale our product to grow with our design system and brand
- You will be able to attract, select, and retain a group of diverse high quality designers
- You will foster an atmosphere of trust, inclusion, and purpose
- You will create and drive design vision and strategy for your product area and collaborate with other senior leaders to execute on it
- You will bring strong viewpoints to the table and drive inspiration through innovation
- You will develop a solid understanding of the SmartRecruiters platform and proactively contribute ideas for experience improvements
- You will review and sign off on design work to ensure that it meets our quality standards
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
SmartRecruiters enables Hiring Without Boundaries™ by freeing talent acquisition teams from legacy applicant tracking software. SmartRecruiters’ next-generation platform serves as the hiring operating system for 4,000 customers like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa. Companies with business-critical hiring needs turn to SmartRecruiters for best-of-breed functionality, world-class support, and a robust ecosystem of third-party applications and service providers.
Our customers want to transform their talent operations and processes to meet their evolving business priorities. Through the value of the SmartRecruiters’ Talent Acquisition Suite and professional services, we are positioned to deliver on their needs and ensure they acquire the best talent to achieve business success.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design
- 2+ years of design management experience
- Proven ability to turn complex product design problems into intuitive solutions
- Full comfort with user research, design systems, and agile methodologies
- An expert eye for detail, excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in a startup-like environment with iterative, value-driven product releases
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SmartRecruiters strives to offer equitable and engaging compensation to our employees across the globe as we always seek to attract, motivate, and retain the right talent. We utilize a data-driven approach in order to remove biases in our decisions. The pay range for this role in the US is $150,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, and certifications. The listed pay range reflects the available annual salary budgeted for a new hire into this role. Employee salaries may extend above or below the listed range. Depending on level and location of hire, the role may be determined to be Exempt or Salaried Non-Exempt.
Working at SmartRecruiters
At SmartRecruiters, we believe in "hiring without boundaries." Our vision is simple: make hiring easy, transparent, and efficient. We also believe in creating a people-first workplace, with our compan
TeaserDiversity & Inclusion
At SmartRecruiters, we’re on a mission to make our workplace the best it can be, and that includes ensuring we are an open, inclusive and diverse employer. We’re enjoying celebrating Pride because it’
As a Strategic People Partner at SmartRecruiters, I spend a majority of my time enabling people managers and their teams to be the most effective they can be. If we want people who are inspired and re
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Every year, millions of people across the globe are faced with some element of mental illness. It affects individuals, families, communities and organizations, and it is estimated that workplace stres
When companies talk about their mission and values, it can be difficult to tell if they’re just well-intentioned words or if they actually resonate with their customers and employees. At SmartRecrui
Ten years in tech feels like an eternity, but I joined SmartRecruiters in April 2012 and haven’t looked back. I was engineer number seven at the company, and we were just setting up an office in Kra
Jobs you have shown an interest in