Legal Counsel - 6 month contract
As Corporate Counsel, you will play a vital role in supporting the legal department in various aspects of commercial law. You will work closely with senior legal counsel to provide legal advice, ensure compliance with relevant regulations, and contribute to the development of legal strategies. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Contract Review and Drafting:
- Review, draft, and negotiate various commercial agreements with a special focus on I.T, Saas and I.P Laws and concepts, including but not limited to professional services agreements, vendor contracts, client agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Experience in Tender offers and Data Privacy.
- Legal Research and Analysis:
- Conduct legal research on relevant statutes, regulations, and case law to ensure the company's compliance with applicable laws.
- Provide legal analysis and opinions on various legal issues impacting the business.
- Risk Management:
- Identify legal risks and work collaboratively with other departments to develop strategies to mitigate and manage risks effectively.
- Advise on legal implications of business decisions and initiatives.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations affecting the company's operations.
- Assist in developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures.
- Dispute Resolution:
- Assist in the resolution of legal disputes, including coordinating with external counsel when necessary.
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
SmartRecruiters enables Hiring Without Boundaries™ by freeing talent acquisition teams from legacy applicant tracking software. SmartRecruiters’ next-generation platform serves as the hiring operating system for 4,000 customers like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa. Companies with business-critical hiring needs turn to SmartRecruiters for best-of-breed functionality, world-class support, and a robust ecosystem of third-party applications and service providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Law; Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent qualification.
- Admission to the bar in the relevant jurisdiction.
- 5-7 years of experience in commercial law, either through legal practice or in-house counsel roles.
- Experience in facilitating tender offers support.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent research and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in German Commercial Law
- German Language Skills
- Experience working in an international legal team.
- Experience navigating legal processes in the Saas Partnerships ecosystem
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Working at SmartRecruiters
At SmartRecruiters, we pride ourselves on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, deeply rooted in our core values: CEO of your job, As One, Impact, and Smarter. Our commitment to bei
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Welcome back to awards season at SmartRecruiters! As we embark on this next chapter, we're excited to continue recognition in the Comparably awards. Looking back at our journey, it's inspir
At SmartRecruiters, our dedication to continuous improvement is deeply rooted in our #smarter value. We put a lot of focus on our listening strategies and employee feedback to identify where we s
“Career progression is no longer only linear, and traditional career paths and ladders are now far less common than they were even a decade ago. Instead of emphasizing promotions, job titles and
At SmartRecruiters, we believe in "hiring without boundaries." Our vision is simple: make hiring easy, transparent, and efficient. We also believe in creating a people-first workplace, with our compan
TeaserDiversity & Inclusion
At SmartRecruiters, we’re on a mission to make our workplace the best it can be, and that includes ensuring we are an open, inclusive and diverse employer. We’re enjoying celebrating Pride because it’
As a Strategic People Partner at SmartRecruiters, I spend a majority of my time enabling people managers and their teams to be the most effective they can be. If we want people who are inspired and re
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Every year, millions of people across the globe are faced with some element of mental illness. It affects individuals, families, communities and organizations, and it is estimated that workplace stres
When companies talk about their mission and values, it can be difficult to tell if they’re just well-intentioned words or if they actually resonate with their customers and employees. At SmartRecrui
Jobs you have shown an interest in