Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Our engineering team solves one of the most important problems of the modern economy - connecting great people with great jobs. We believe this problem can only be solved with technology, and we developed a software platform that has supported over 100M job seekers to date (with 5M joining every month). We are looking for a frontend engineer to help us build the next chapter of that vision.
We designed our R&D structure based on the empowered product teams model. It means our teams are responsible for business outcomes and have autonomy in solving problems in the way that “customers love yet works for the business” (yes, we are heavily influenced by this and this).
The graphic interface of our system is based on micro frontends architecture that consists of dozens of applications built using modern technologies: Angular, React, and Node.js. Shared pieces of the system are built using web components. We have a strong CI/CD culture, and we currently run 40 production deployments per engineer per month.
What you’ll deliver:
- Contribute to a full life-cycle of the product (including problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation, and measuring adoption)
- Design and develop software with Angular or React, and Node.js as a backend for frontend
- Work closely with designers to build rich end-to-end user experiences
- Collaborate with other experience and platform teams
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
- While not strictly required we see most of our Senior Engineers have 5+ years of professional experience.
- Hands-on experience with clean code and clean architecture principles
- Ability to design and enforce best software engineering practices (regarding e.g. testing, code reviews, and design documents)
- Experience in supporting end-to-end product lifecycle (from product discovery, solutioning, system design, implementation, production rollout, and optimization)
- Experience with the Node.js ecosystem
- Understanding of distributed systems design (design for failure, asynchronous communication)
- Experience with multiple parts of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, caching, security, debugging)
- Experience with accessibility, usability, and performance of a browser-based user experience.
- Operational experience – instrumenting code and monitoring the errors, metrics, and analytics of large-scale web applications.
- Ability to coach and mentor other engineers
- Great communication skills with a good understanding of English, both verbal and written
- Java know-how would be of advantage
- Experience in CI/CD would be a plus (running multiple deployments per day)
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Working at SmartRecruiters
At SmartRecruiters, we believe in "hiring without boundaries." Our vision is simple: make hiring easy, transparent, and efficient. We also believe in creating a people-first workplace, with our compan
TeaserDiversity & Inclusion
At SmartRecruiters, we’re on a mission to make our workplace the best it can be, and that includes ensuring we are an open, inclusive and diverse employer. We’re enjoying celebrating Pride because it’
As a Strategic People Partner at SmartRecruiters, I spend a majority of my time enabling people managers and their teams to be the most effective they can be. If we want people who are inspired and re
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Every year, millions of people across the globe are faced with some element of mental illness. It affects individuals, families, communities and organizations, and it is estimated that workplace stres
When companies talk about their mission and values, it can be difficult to tell if they’re just well-intentioned words or if they actually resonate with their customers and employees. At SmartRecrui
Ten years in tech feels like an eternity, but I joined SmartRecruiters in April 2012 and haven’t looked back. I was engineer number seven at the company, and we were just setting up an office in Kra
Jobs you have shown an interest in