Software Engineer, Backend
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Our engineering team solves one of the most important problems of the modern economy - connecting great people with great jobs. We believe this problem can only be solved with technology, and we developed a software platform that has supported over 100M job seekers to date (with 5M joining every month). We are looking for a backend engineer to help us build the next chapter of that vision.
We designed our R&D structure based on the empowered product teams model. It means our teams are responsible for business outcomes and have autonomy in solving problems in the way that “customers love yet work for the business” (yes, we are heavily influenced by this and this).
Our technology platform is a SaaS product hosted on AWS. Our system is composed of hundreds of independent services orchestrated by Kubernetes.
What you’ll deliver:
- Contribute to a full life-cycle of the product (including problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation, and measuring adoption)
- Build services with Java / Node.js (Express, Nest.js) on top of Kubernetes/AWS/GCP infrastructure
- Build developer-friendly RESTful APIs
- Design and connect to our persistence layer (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Collaborate with other teams
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
SmartRecruiters enables Hiring Without Boundaries™ by freeing talent acquisition teams from legacy applicant tracking software. SmartRecruiters’ next-generation platform serves as the hiring operating system for 4,000 customers like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa. Companies with business-critical hiring needs turn to SmartRecruiters for best-of-breed functionality, world-class support, and a robust ecosystem of third-party applications and service providers.
- Experience in developing and operating distributed systems
- Experience in supporting end-to-end product lifecycle (from product discovery, solutioning, system design, implementation, production rollout, and optimization)
- While not strictly required we see most of our Software Engineers have 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong command of Java programming language
- Hands-on experience with TDD, clean code principles, and effective code reviews
- Good understanding of persistence layer design
- Good understanding of RESTful API design
- Basic understanding of distributed systems design (design for failure, eventual consistency, asynchronous communication, circuit breaking, timeouts, etc.)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Experience in CI/CD would be a plus (running multiple deployments per day)
- Familiarity with AWS/GCP and Kubernetes/Docker would be a plus
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Working at SmartRecruiters
At SmartRecruiters, we believe in "hiring without boundaries." Our vision is simple: make hiring easy, transparent, and efficient. We also believe in creating a people-first workplace, with our compan
TeaserDiversity & Inclusion
At SmartRecruiters, we’re on a mission to make our workplace the best it can be, and that includes ensuring we are an open, inclusive and diverse employer. We’re enjoying celebrating Pride because it’
As a Strategic People Partner at SmartRecruiters, I spend a majority of my time enabling people managers and their teams to be the most effective they can be. If we want people who are inspired and re
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Every year, millions of people across the globe are faced with some element of mental illness. It affects individuals, families, communities and organizations, and it is estimated that workplace stres
When companies talk about their mission and values, it can be difficult to tell if they’re just well-intentioned words or if they actually resonate with their customers and employees. At SmartRecrui
Ten years in tech feels like an eternity, but I joined SmartRecruiters in April 2012 and haven’t looked back. I was engineer number seven at the company, and we were just setting up an office in Kra
Jobs you have shown an interest in