Senior Software Engineer, Python/Data
We are looking for an experienced Python Engineer to join our Data Intelligence group that builds innovative, data-driven recruiting products. You’ll be working closely with our team of data scientists to scale up applications powered by NLP and Machine Learning models. You’ll be responsible for implementing and maintaining high-volume pipelines for processing HR data. Together with our dedicated DevOps team, you ensure a seamless integration of new services into the existing infrastructure, at enterprise-level service reliability.
We partner and collaborate with R&D leaders, product managers, designers, and engineers to design and develop data-driven solutions that have the power to significantly change the way people find career opportunities, and how companies hire the best talent. Our products are used by a large number of customers and affect the experience of millions of job candidates.
As a key member of our team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help us achieve our goals using cutting-edge technology.
What you will do:
- Participate in the full life-cycle of the product (including ideation, problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation, and measuring adoption)
- Design and develop services with Python on top of Kubernetes/AWS infrastructure as well as connect to our persistence layer (Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Build and document developer-friendly RESTful APIs
- Design and build data pipelines that can handle high-load
- And the most important - bring your own product ideas to life
You will work with passionate people (our Engineering teams are located in Berlin and Krakow) so that altogether we can reach one of the most important goals of today - to connect people to jobs at scale.
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
SmartRecruiters enables Hiring Without Boundaries™ by freeing talent acquisition teams from legacy applicant tracking software. SmartRecruiters’ next-generation platform serves as the hiring operating system for 4,000 customers like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa. Companies with business-critical hiring needs turn to SmartRecruiters for best-of-breed functionality, world-class support, and a robust ecosystem of third-party applications and service providers.
- Experience in back-end development using Python microservices, working with modern RESTful APIs, and designing a persistence layer (Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience within Data Engineering, Data Warehouse, ETL/ELT areas
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS, containerization software (Docker/Kubernetes), and monitoring/analysis tools (Kibana/Grafana/Prometheus)
- Basic knowledge of Java and Node.js
- Good understanding of test automation techniques because our goal is to automate it all
- Nice to have: experience in building data pipelines using Kafka/Kafka streams/ksqlDB
- Very good level of English (both verbal and written)
- Sharing of SmartRecruiters's values and willingness to make an impact in the HRTech world
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Working at SmartRecruiters
At SmartRecruiters, we believe in "hiring without boundaries." Our vision is simple: make hiring easy, transparent, and efficient. We also believe in creating a people-first workplace, with our compan
TeaserDiversity & Inclusion
At SmartRecruiters, we’re on a mission to make our workplace the best it can be, and that includes ensuring we are an open, inclusive and diverse employer. We’re enjoying celebrating Pride because it’
As a Strategic People Partner at SmartRecruiters, I spend a majority of my time enabling people managers and their teams to be the most effective they can be. If we want people who are inspired and re
TeaserFrom Our Leaders
Every year, millions of people across the globe are faced with some element of mental illness. It affects individuals, families, communities and organizations, and it is estimated that workplace stres
When companies talk about their mission and values, it can be difficult to tell if they’re just well-intentioned words or if they actually resonate with their customers and employees. At SmartRecrui
Ten years in tech feels like an eternity, but I joined SmartRecruiters in April 2012 and haven’t looked back. I was engineer number seven at the company, and we were just setting up an office in Kra
Jobs you have shown an interest in